Monday, November 10, 2008

Milestone! I spent my first night away from M and W took on the full-time daddy duty.. the whole night! I was incredibly nervous when I took off on the 30 minute drive to my friend's new digs in exurban Minnesota. With music blaring and foot tapping, I resisted calling W every three minutes to see how things were going. When I arrived, I poored a glass of wine and wolfed down some pizza with my girlfriends, we watched a cheesy horror movie and I slept my first night alone and baby-free in four months. Ahhhhh... sleep (actually I didn't sleep well but probably to be expected). I woke up in the morning, called W and everything was A-OK. What a relief! Now I know I can get away, get some time to myself and all the world won't fall apart :-).

I attached a photo from the "game" that I was in charge of for my friend's baby shower this weekend. I bought plain white onesie's of different sizes, fabric markers and we had a decorating contest for the new baby. My friend J will be able to keep all the new one-of-a-kind creations and think about us each time she dresses her little one this spring. I think it went over well and would recommend it for anyone looking for a unique shower game.

No comments: